See our Calendar page for more info on these & other events.
March 2017 Events
3.11-19 Philadelphia Flower Show at Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philly
3.24-26 (Re)Generation Who 3 Convention in Baltimore, MD
3.26 USS Adamant Meeting & Dinner at Broad Axe Tavern in Ambler PA
April 2017 Events
4.7-9 Amazicon 5 in Wilmington DE
4.7-9 Greater Philadelphia Comic Con in Oaks PA
4.21-23 Chiller Theatre in Parsippany NJ
4.23 USS Adamant Monthly Meeting at 3PM at location TBD
May 2017 Events
5.6 Free Comic Book Day 2017
5.26 Balticon 51 in Baltimore MD
5.28 USS Adamant Monthly Meeting at 3PM at Jim and Mary Anne’s in Hatfield.
Welcome to Spring, the season of birth–and we’ll soon have plenty of birth on the ship, as one of our members, Robin, is set to deliver twin girls.
At the Region 7 Meeting at Farpoint 2017, the Adamant was awarded a Certificate for Perfect Reporting for 2016. Yay! However, RC Wayne forgot to give us the certificate. D’Oh!
Coming up in April are Amazicon 5 in Wilmington DE, Chiller Theatre in Parsippany NJ, and The Greater Philadelphia Comic Con in Oaks. Also, our next meeting is April 23 at a location TBD.
STAR TREK: DISCOVERY
Producers: Nicholas Meyer, Vincenzo Natali, Akiva Goldsman
Showrunners: Gretchen J. Berg, Aaron Harberts, Heather Kadin, Rod Roddenberry, Trevor Roth, David Semel
The series is scheduled to premiere January May SOMETIME in 2017.
- Sonequa Martin-Green as Lt. Commander Rainsford, the first officer of the Discovery
- Doug Jones as Science Officer Saru
- Anthony Rapp as Science Officer Stamets
- Michelle Yeoh as Georgiou, Captain of the USS Shenzhou
- Maulik Pancholy as Chief Medical Officer Dr Nambue
- Terry Serpico as Admiral Anderson
- Sam Vartholomeos as Ensign Connor
- James Frain as Spock’s father, Sarek
- Shazad Latif as Commander Kol, commanding officer of the Klingons
- Chris Obi as T’Kuvma, a Klingon
- Mary Chieffo as L’Rell, Battle Deck Commander of the Klingon ship
Click here for more details.
Last October we finally made it to the Bushkill Falls in the lovely Pocono Mountains. Sometimes referred to as the “Niagara of Pennsylvania,” Bushkill Falls is among the Keystone State’s most famous scenic attractions with a 100-ft waterfall plus trails, fishing, boating & other family-friendly activities. We wandered through various trails admiring the fall foliage and gorgeous water falls. Definitely worth a return visit!
Take a look at pictures from our other events at our Photo Gallery page!